The Safe Hiring Manual
A Complete Guide to Creating a Legal and Effective Safe Hiring Program
Includes analysis of the April 2012 EEOC Guidance on the Use of Criminal Records by Employers The Safe Hiring Manual is a complete, blueprint detail of how to exercise due diligence throughout the hiring process. This ideal tool for employers, HR, security professionals, private investigators, employment law attorneys, and background screening firms includes:
A MUST HAVE FOR ANY EMPLOYER
- How to create and establish comprehensive company policies, practices, and procedures to avoid negligent hiring problems and to keep you out of court.
- Verify degrees and credentials, and legally obtain and use criminal records.
- The best practices associated with all the components of a background check.
- In-depth pre-employment background screening and investigative techniques.
- How to Audit your current hiring program.
The Manual details how to exercise due diligence throughout the hiring process, significantly increasing an employer’s chance of avoiding the financial and legal nightmares of even one bad hiring decision.
What’s New in this Edition?
- 200+ extra pages
- Analysis on April EEOC Guidance on the use of criminal record by employers
- FCRA Mandated Forms as of January 2013
- New Chapter on Social Media Background Checks – Legal Risks and Setting Company Policies
- New material on lawsuits against employers and screening firms including latest on class action law suits
- Updated and expanding international screening material, I-9, E-Verify, and use of credit reports.
The Manual to Online Public Records 2013 Edition
The MASTER Guide to Researching Online Public Records
The scope of information that exists online about people and businesses is staggering. If one needs to search for a public record or to do a background check, one merely has to Google and the problem is solved, right? Not so fast, according to authors Cynthia Hetherington and Michael Sankey.
Their new book – The Manual to Public Records Online – reveals the how and why details of searching public records online. The reality that all websites are not created equal is becomes apparent as the reader is taught how to professionally use government and vendor online resources.
- Discover hard-to-find public information through the advanced use of search engines and social networks.
- Learn insider secrets for finding detailed information on people and businesses.
- Gain an information edge with 12,000+ government sites offering accessible public record access.
- Determine how to evaluate sites and also on the best sites to use based on topic or record category
- Locate the best online vendors for your specific needs.
- Learn how to research social network sites and auction sites.
The Manual to Online Public Records is applicable to not only professionals but also the everyday consumer looking to do a background check or to find a lost relative.